Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 2009

It is already almost the end of March. Can you believe how fast these months are moving along?
My husband and I celebrated our 22nd Wedding Anniversary on the 20th. He was somewhere in Illinois and I was here at home. Some celebration, huh?
March is a busy month for my family; our anniversary, a niece's anniversary, a son, daughter, 3 nieces, 1 nephew, 2 sisters-in-law all have birthdays. Then the beginning of Spring is added in there too.
I am so ready for Spring. Not so much for the storms that come with it, but it is the beginning of a new season that gets warmer. That means that I can see the end of having to haul firewood and keep fires going.
Also it means one month closer to our granddaughter's first birthday and the birth of our second grandson. With so many things to look forward to, I am slowly coming out of my depression state.
No, my husband hasn't worked much more than last month and yet the bills are still piling up. I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet, and I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I feel encouraged to move on each day. I think Spring does that to some people.
Keeping busy helps too. I was replaced as Vice President of my quilt guild, but put in as Web Master instead. I am still active in that group and we are going to start back up with Project Linus Meetings again, so that will be fun.
I am active in Church again. I am the Secretary in our Primary Organization. I have also starting singing in the Choir again. I didn't realize how much I missed singing until I started back up. My brother is the director and I get to spend time with my other brother, my sister-in-law, niece and 2 nephews who also sing.
Our son is getting closer to the end of school and hopefully graduation. Our daughter is real busy with Ag and different choir competitions. My husband is keeping busy when not working at his job because of freight shortages, by cleaning up the yard and what was left destroyed by the tornado last May. This is a long process. We still have repairs to be made on the house as well as the out buildings. He would really like to be working on a garden and growing things.
I do have something to look forward to this weekend though. I am having children and grandchildren here to stay. I am really excited. I will get new pictures to post and share my fun weekend in my next post.

No comments: