Sunday, February 15, 2009



February 15, 2009 I am Sinking Fast.
It is now the middle of February. My husband has worked all of maybe 2 weeks since Christmas. Wow. What stress. I am fighting depression really bad and this last week it won.
Before that, we did manage to make a fun trip to Kansas City to see our children and grandchildren up there. They needed some help with their bathroom (tub plumbing and surround replacement) so we went up so Don could help with that.
We got to play with the grandchildren and see how big they have gotten just since Christmas. Gabe is really talking away now and Kaylee is a short way from crawling. He will be 3 in June and she will be 1 in April. Such sweeties. Gabe kept wanting to come home with us, "Go with you Grandma in big, big truck." I had to try explaining to him that it was a long way to go without mommy and daddy. I don't think he understood that point. He just wanted to go.


Anyway, we did get to spend some quality time with him and his sister.
Kaylee has her ears pierced and just looks adorable.
I caught Kaylee on the move hence the blurry picture. Thanks, Jason and Megan, for taking care of us and giving us such a wonderful visit. We love you and the babies.
Then my week went downhill from there. It seemed like things were hitting us from all sides at once. If I hadn't had Jordan (the little almost 2 year old that I babysit) and Don to keep checking up on me, I would have sank really deep.
Our other married children came to visit a few times toward the end of the week. They brightened my day. They are expecting our new grandson in May and I love being a part of their pregnancy and keeping up with the progress. They took us to breakfast/lunch Saturday morning, Valentine's Day and Tish, Jessica and I spent some time in one of my favorite hangouts, Joann's. Don and Jeff couldn't handle that, so they went to a hobby store, computer store and sports store while we were in looking at fabrics. That was a bright spot for my week.
I hope things get better soon. I am in a bad mindset. So bad that quilting isn't doing much for me. I don't know how much more I can take. Any words of wisdom? I'll watch for some. Later.

No comments: